(UPDATED 1st of November 2014) Recently(18th of august 2014) I started receiving Facebook emails in a gmail address I own. Not for a Facebook account that I own but for some guy from somewhere in Cambodia. After a few days of thinking it was just phishing and not legit Facebook notifications I decided to investigate after I noticed I was getting copyright violation notices from Facebook.
You all have had this problem at one time or maybe you are having this problem now. You have a big ass cpu intensive task to do and you’re all doing it in a webserver request.
Of course this is insanity. Why would you want your webserver to spend 20 seconds on resizing all the 20 sizes of pictures you need, Or generating and emailing that pdf invoice after a customer has paid.
What if you could background this task and have it be processed on a place more suitable for boring and intensive tasks like the console. This saves on timeouts. There may be a solution!